To propose solutions to the requirements of forest companies, organisms and public administrations, our CAPACITY BUILDING Department dedicated to professional training, FRM:
- works along companies and organisms in their development through capacity building of their staff in new technologies and new know how
- anticipates on future needs of the profession in new activity areas
- reinforces administrations'skills and know how by training their agents at central and decentralised levels.
All trainings are adapted to the geographic location of the participants (country regulations, natural environment of the concerned area, locally growing forest species, ....).
Training is conducted by experts, active professionnal specialists, using cutting edge techniques in their particular field of activity.
Company's requirements, level of participants, balance between theoretical and practical training, ... bring us to perform the training sessions:
- on site, on client company premises;
- in forest on forest operations site;
- in training rooms depending on training topic.
Beyond standard training programmes (cf. pdf downloadable catalog), CAPACITY BUILDING Departmen can design with you on demand personalised training sessions, adapted to your specific needs on all topics related to forest management, timber harvest or wood processing.
Over the past years, FRM Experts conducted many capacity building and training missions in private companies. They trained administration staff in different institutional support projects. Training topics encompass:
- map production with Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- sustainable management of natural resources through management documents (Management Plan, 5 Year Management Plan and Annual Operational Plan);
- forest carbon through CDM projects and REDD+ mechanisms;
- Reduced Impact Logging techniques, especially controlled felling.
FRM takes part regularly to university trainings provided in Forestry Universities and specialised forestry establishment to train future engineers in agriculture and forestry.
Professional training, capacity building, reduced impact logging, RIL, exploitation forestière à impact réduit, EFIR, instructor, training programme